I spent all of this summer either being (super) pregnant and running after a 3 year old, or trying to take care of a newborn and running after a 3 year old. Neither situation left me with a lot of mobility and I was so grateful when my son wanted to sit and read books. We went through a lot of books and raided the library for new and different titles. I know my friends-with-preschoolers are always looking for new things to read and I wanted to share some of our favorites.
These are in no particular order, I’m not a paid spokesperson for anyone (although if you’re offering….) and they aren’t specifically “new releases”, it is just things we liked! I’m adding to this list as I clean-up the book area and will try to get authors on there as well. Sorry it is mostly titles at the moment!
If you are on Twitter I highly recommend you follow @MrSchuReads and @colbysharp. They have a LOT of great book suggestions and insights from authors. I wish I could give them proper credit for how many of these books they introduced us to, but I’ve lost track!
- We have read ALL of her books about Penguin and also love “Lost and Found.”
- The Great Paper Chase, Up and Down, The Way Back Home
- The Day the Crayons Quit..need I say more? Still waiting on our turn at the library for The Day the Crayons Came Home
- The Mercy Watson series
- Elephant and Piggie (any of them!), Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed, Pigeon books (any of them!)
- Mix it Up and Press here
- Tuesday, Sector 7, Art and Max
Dragons Love Tacos
Louise Loves Art
Not a Box (also Not a Stick)
What Do You Do With an Idea?
Nana in the City
Pete the Cat Series (we like “I Love My White Shoes” “Four Groovy Buttons” and “Wheels on the Bus”)
One Fine Day (this is a very sweet book about becoming a big brother)